Thursday, January 13, 2011

I don't want to go through the motions...

A few weeks ago I wrote about hearing this song. It's called "The Motions" by Matthew West. I really need to purchase this song and listen to it every day of my life. It's a contemporary Christian song.

  • I don’t wanna go through the motions,
  • I don’t wanna go one more day
  • Without Your all consuming passion inside of me
  • I don’t wanna spend my whole life asking
  • What if I had given everything?
  • Instead of going through the motions

Tomorrow is January 14. Last January 14, a girl I knew in high school died of breast cancer. I had not seen her in years but had taken care of several of her family members and her sister is my friend on Facebook. Then on January 15, I learned that my childhood heartthrob had died that same night. (I wrote a long post about that, here.) It was one of the saddest weekends of my life. I can't believe it's been a year. I think about it every day. I'll never forget it.

I have been out of school for a week, and while I have enjoyed it, I just dread going back more after time off. I've copied 16 episodes of Hee Haw onto DVD this week, and that's enough. I wish Jim Ed Brown and the Opry cruisers would leave for the Caribbean already. I bet that commercial was on 100 times in 16 hours. Gee whiz.

No comments: