Tuesday, February 26, 2008

It's raining again.

It's supposed to turn into snow. Uh huh. We've heard this before. They blow smoke & act like it's gonna be the blizzard of '08. We get a few flakes. So, I will believe it when I see it. I really am not all that excited about seeing more snow. I like snow occasionally but I am really not in the mood anymore. I'm kind of ready for spring now.

The weight loss challenge is going all right. I think I've lost a pound or two, I am trying to stay off the scale because it gets frustrating. I have been cold ever since the day we joined the Y. Well, I'm not usually cold after I get off the treadmill but I'm not hot either. If I had known dieting would make me cold all the time I would've started in August when it was 105 at sunrise every day. I think this has something to do with my blood sugar. Now that I am exercising more, my sugar runs lower, which is a good thing (it was never extremely high to begin with, just high enough to require oral medication to keep it in fairly normal range), but it also drops easier & when that happens, I get cold. Fortunately, I have been feeling pretty good, not even a sniffle.

I have run out of time for writing this morning. I need to walk the dog & finish getting ready for work. Tomorrow I plan to do some serious writing & I'll update the blog then too. A couple of interesting things have happened - nothing earth-shattering, but kind of cool - so I'll write about them tomorrow.

No comments: