Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Sunshine and rain

Though we haven't gotten a lot of rain here this summer, my personal life has been a mixture of sunshine and rain. My new job, losing Granny, Mom's illness, Rachel's homecoming experience, I could go on. Most of the summer was hard because it was so hot & it felt so desperate. Financially, I felt desperate, and the heat made life terribly hard for our farmer neighbors. We will be feeling the effects of the drought of 2007 for a long, long time.

Mom is not doing well at all. She saw the oncologist yesterday & is having tests today. He put her on some pain medicine - I'm not sure what, I didn't think to ask until after I got off the phone - & on Thursday we get the results, whatever they may be. I think finally knowing something will be a good thing. What we know may not be...but at least we will know what we are dealing with. I don't want to sound negative but things look really bad. I also know that there's a lot we don't know. God is the great physician. He knows everything. He knit Mom's body together in the womb and He knows what is going on in there now. He knows how many days He gave her to be here, and when He will take her home. I trust Him with that. All I want is for her to be free from the pain that has been making her miserable off and on for six months. If He restores her back to perfect health here on earth, that would be wonderful! If He is taking her to paradise, I will be sorrowful here without her, but I will know His way is best.

I could write a book about my feelings and emotions on the subject. But I won't, at least not today. Keep us in your prayers, will you, please? We surely need them right now.

No comments: