Thursday, August 02, 2007

It keeps you running

There's one line I really like in this Doobie Brothers song. It is, "Why're you in such a hurry?" I ask myself that question sometimes. I try not to get myself into "hurry" situations. I try to stay ahead of the game, but it doesn't always happen.

We listened to this CD yesterday on our way to oral surgeon's office. He tells us D needs to go back in braces (not what D wanted to hear) & needs more teeth extracted (also not what he wanted to hear). Surprised? No, I wasn't really. Remembering why there's never extra money? You bet.

I believe in buying food locally when I can, & I go a lot further to ensure that I do than most ladies I know around here. One of my suppliers likes to remind everyone that the extra money you pay for the food now will prevent more doctor bills in the future. That's all well & good, but what about the doctor bills I have now??? At the moment I'm having a hard time paying for both. I did, however, splurge on a good Mexican meal for me & the kids while we were out. It's not every day we get a chance to do that.

Ah, yes, we DID have some fun yesterday. Today should be fun too, in some ways. Rachel has been waiting a long time for this day - she's getting her braces off this morning. This afternoon, D goes for a retainer check & to discuss the oral surgeon visit. Rachel will get her retainer this afternoon too. In between, we'll go see if we can get Rachel a learner's permit. Now I know I am old! We'll probably go to the library & maybe some other fun stuff. After all that, we're going to Randy's mom's house for dinner to celebrate Rachel's birthday. So - a big day ahead.

No comments: