Wednesday, August 01, 2007

On this boulevard of broken dreams

I read the last line of yesterday's post & this song came to mind.

I am still picking up the pieces of my broken dream of working at "Job X" & all the good things that job promised like getting debts paid off a lot faster & putting the kids through college a lot cheaper. It probably wouldn't be so bad if things were going better with my current job. I can't get into all that's wrong right now, but there is ONE big issue that is NOT getting resolved. It is not something I can blame on one person. There are three who are involved in this, & while it may not be the same one's fault every time it happens, it has been happening way too often. It used to happen about once a month, & it has happened weekly for five weeks in a row. I don't really understand why it keeps happening, but it is demoralizing for everyone there. I wish I could explain more. It would certainly explain to anyone reading why I am grasping at straws.

Well, I have to go. I am taking D to the oral surgeon in Nashville today & then I think we'll just make a day of it. I just hope I don't go broke down there!

No comments: