Thursday, July 19, 2007

Summer breeze, makes me feel fine

Tying together some loose ends. While reading the Nashville Scene last night, I saw Jimmy Webb, writer of the song "MacArthur Park," among MANY others, mentioned in their Scene Cast section. It's called "your musical horoscope," which of course smacks of astrology & such, but I think it's all tongue-in-cheek.

Carla at Carla's Country Living has been writing about traveling light & about putting first things first. In a way I have been trying to lighten the load some this summer too. I have been wading through stuff at work, culling out the unnecessary papers, taking home things I've brought in & stopped using there, & basically getting ready to move on if that is where the Lord takes me. One thing that really stood out on yesterday's post:
One thing I have learned over the years is that if you keep trying to do
something, and everything keeps you from doing it; that no matter how hard
you try to get it done or 'to it' everything keeps you from it... maybe you
should consider if you should be doing it in the first place.

That's how I decided to get rid of a lot of things in my life, like trying to make a "side business" out of mystery shopping, transcribing historical documents, selling ads on webpages, selling cosmetics, & many other things.

On the terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day I had at work a few weeks ago, one of my patients was the husband of one of my co-workers. And he said, "The Lord has a reason He let this happen today." I have considered that maybe if that day hadn't happened, my eyes might not have been opened to some bad things I'd turned a blind eye to before. And maybe if another day hadn't happened last week (& really, the worst of that didn't happen there at work, but it was work-related just the same), I might not have been willing to open my eyes to future blessings God might have for me.

Well, I have to get ready for work now. I'm just riding along, waiting to see what happens, & trying to enjoy the ride.

No comments: