Friday, July 20, 2007

Don't stand so close to me

Don't stand behind me watching what I'm writing. It's not that I have any secrets from you - if I do, they're fun things I have planned to surprise you with later - but I had something to say & with you standing behind me I can't think of how to put it.

There. Now he's gone. The hubby was standing behind me & whether or not he was looking over my shoulder, I couldn't stand it! Ordinarily I enjoy being close to him.

Anyway, I have just a couple things to write today. We have a busy weekend planned.

Today, we - the whole family (of course, with only 2 kids this isn't quite the undertaking it sounds like) - head to Nashville. Our first stop is Derek's recheck by the plastic surgeon. He was born with a cleft lip & palate, & most of the time this doesn't bother him at all. We know that there's another surgery sometime "in the teen years" so this might be one of the more significant appointments he has in his life.

We're making a day of it. We're going to eat afterwards (probably at The Mellow Mushroom - the kids love it) & then Randy & the kids will drop me off at Vanderbilt to ponder future options & changes that might be in the works while they go shopping, most likely at Grimey's.

After that we'll head home. I have a busy evening preparing for VBS tomorrow - a one day extravaganza. This is my first time to teach since 2003. I am not ready.

Sunday we go to Ridgetop to my mom's to celebrate the birthdays of my brother Trever (34 today) & my dear Rachel who will be 15 on the 31st.

So I have a busy weekend ahead of me!!!

No comments: