Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Don't stop believin'

This song is everywhere these days. It kind of gives me a good feeling to hear it. I am believing that something good is about to happen. I am not sure which good thing will happen...but something good will.

I mention Carla's Country Living a lot. Borrowing from her, here's a list of the beauty in the simple things here in Cheatham County.

What I see... dry yards everywhere. Praying for rain... Did I see some clouds? I hope so!
What I smell... flea spray! Ugh. It's a never-ending battle. Every 2 weeks, there's another hatchin' & we go through the process again. Surely, eventually we'll get rid of 'em.
What I hear... Oprah's on! I ought to turn it off. Nobody's in there watching it because - I sprayed for fleas!!!
I'm wearing... my teal scrubs (still haven't changed after work)
I've been watching... Big Love on HBO.
The garden... is producing some nice squash & one nice tomato. I call it the $10 tomato; I bought 4 plants for $2.50 a piece & that's what I've got to show for it. I have had 2 $2.50 peppers from those plants I bought.
School... kids go back August 6. Went today to pick up R's report card & the form for her to get her learner's permit next week, if she passes the test. If it were in the Harry Potter book, I think she'd be more interested.
in the kitchen... not sure. Might do pizza.
What's in the CD player: a mix CD I made last fall. I call it "Do Yo Thang, Honey," because my favorite song on the CD is "Ain't No Other Man" by Christina Aguilera. That was popular the fall semester of Rachel's freshman year. It's followed by a song I liked during fall of my freshman year, "Urgent" by Foreigner.

Not much else to tell here. I've been working on widening the driveway, cleaning the big window to the back yard, & tackling the garage. Work is s-s-s-l-l-o-o-o-w-w this week so I'm home a little more, which is kind of nice. It's not nice on payday, but I might as well enjoy it while I can.

No comments: