Friday, June 08, 2007

Where do we go from here?

And where have I been lately?

I don't know if I have any regular readers or any readers at all. But, if you have read some of my posts from the last few months, you might have noticed that God has been working in my life. The road hasn't been the easiest I've ever traveled. My mom has been sick, I have had some relatively minor health issues, money has been tighter than ever, work has been extremely demanding, & my marriage has been stressed out. My kids have, overall, been easy to deal with, although they're "that age" - they have their moments, too. But I have had some rich blessings in all of this.

A few months ago, maybe even a year ago, I started noticing things in my life that needed to go. For years I tried to sell stuff, I tried to mystery shop, bake with whole wheat, learn to be a reflexologist...oh, I could go on forever. But then I started having health problems & finally I came to the point where I realized that trying to get more "side jobs" wasn't helping me. So gradually, I have been purging a lot of things out of my life. I still write. I have begun to sing again. My home is a little easier to manage now that I've made my priority to do the best I can instead of do everything.

Andmy life is still so full, I don't know how I could have managed that other stuff too. Well, I didn't manage it. I just muddled through. I still feel like I'm muddling a little. But slowly, gradually, things are becoming clearer. And they continue to improve.

In the next few weeks, we will be doing some different things. I will have some time off from work. When I return to work it will be busy again. Hopefully, my mom's health problems will have resolved (we thought they were resolved six weeks ago - but they are not. Not by a long shot.). But in the next few weeks, I hope to have some more changes made that will really make a difference. I know I am being vague, but I cannot go into more detail now. I will just try to remember to reference this post when the time is right. Good night & have a pleasant tomorrow.

No comments: