Friday, November 16, 2012

I tell it like it used to be.

Yesterday I had this song on my mind.  I guess you could take it different ways.  I am not living in the past like the writer of the song.  It was more like telling it like it will be.

Sometimes I have to fight the negative thoughts in my head.  Don't we all, sometimes?  Like, I sometimes find myself thinking, "I'm depressed" for no apparent reason.  Oh, I have as many reasons as most people to be depressed:  a stressful job, more month than money, car troubles once or twice a month, a sick relative (or two or three) at least that often... I could go on, but I won't because I don't want to get depressed.  I have just as many, if not more, reasons NOT to be depressed:  a wonderful husband, amazing children, a good family, a warm house and a steady job, a great church family and good friends, and I could go on and on.

So yesterday when "I'm depressed" entered my head, I thought, "No, I used to be."

And I thought, I could apply that to so many other negatives in life, not just mine but others' lives as well.

I'm lazy.  No, I used to be.  Now I'm not.

I'm selfish.  No, I used to be.  Now I'm giving and caring.

Maybe it's crazy to carry on both sides of a conversation in your mind, but then again, maybe it used to be.  Maybe now I'm rational.

No comments: