Friday, December 17, 2010

Isn't it time????

I just can't find the answers to the questions that keep running through my mind...ba-bay!!!

I don't know why I picked this song. Well, yes I do. I was just reading my blog entries from February because I felt a little tiny itty bitty bit sentimental today, and this song reminds me of being 12 or 13 or so, and...well, I'm not feeling THAT sentimental today, you can read the February entries yourself if you want to know more about that.

Today would be my grandmother's 81st birthday. She died at 62, when Rachel was 12 weeks old. Rachel has missed out on getting to know that great-grandmother; fortunately, she and Derek had two more AND a great-grandfather to know and love.

A year ago today we were putting Granddaddy in hospice. I remember this because Randy's office Christmas dinner was the next night, and this year's party is scheduled for tonight. I am surprised at how much I have blocked from last Christmas. The kids asked me something about last Christmas and I said, "I don't know. I really don't remember." I pretty much operated on auto-pilot from Dec. 17 through January 15, and then something (in the February posts) triggered a response of depression. It's taken me about 11 months to work through that. I don't think I will remember 2010 as a happy year, though I can't say it's been the worst year ever. I have some happy memories of this year, and mostly memories of a lot of stress.

I was also thinking, isn't it time to have fun??? After all, classes are OVER for me until January 5!!! I do have to do some work, but I have time to do it l-e-i-s-u-r-e-l-y. So, now I am going to grade exams. Love ya. Merry Christmas.

No comments: