Sunday, December 27, 2009

It's the most wonderful time of the year...or so they tell me

In some ways, it is...

I haven't written since September. The last 10 weeks or so have been horrendous. Today we buried Granddaddy. I can't believe it, when I look back at the last year. He died on the 23rd. I was there. I saw him die. He was in hospice, so we knew it was coming. It haunts me, but at the same time, I am glad I was there when he crossed over. It was 10 weeks of one step forward, three steps back. Eventually, there weren't any more steps back.

Maybe it's because my life was so yucky those 10 weeks, but school was harder the second half of the semester too. I look forward to the next semester...but not too much, because I am totally enjoying being off work. Well, as totally as one can enjoy being off work when their grandfather, who was so influential in my life, who was so supportive of me growing up, who was at least as much a part of my development as my father, is dying, then it's Christmas, then is buried.

I have one more week. Then I have a professional development day, and two days of training, and then two days with my students. I like this new schedule. I really do.

No comments: