Friday, November 07, 2008

As promised, here is what I've been up to.

In my last post I promised to do less editorializing & more reporting of my life's events. So here I am!

On Wednesday we bought the replacement truck for Randy. It's new to us, but not brand new. It's a fire-engine red Ford Explorer Sport Track. It's sharp, & he really likes it, which is the most important thing, I guess.

Last night I went to Derek's first wrestling match. They actually wrestled against two teams so it was a long night. Derek did not win either of his matches but you have to start somewhere. His first match went quickly but he fought a little harder on the second & showed a little more skill.

Physical activity is something our family hasn't been really into until the last year. I can't say we're all more active than we used to be. Derek has really taken the bull by the horns, though, as he chose to play football this past spring & fall & now has gone into wrestling to keep himself conditioned. He has lost a little weight, but mostly went from stocky to slim & trim by growing up seven inches in two years. He is much more active than he used to be, too. He still eats us out of house & home, but that is an expense I am glad to bear right now.

After being sick a couple weeks ago, I am ready to get back on track with my fitness program. I was working out 6-10 hours a week a couple of months ago, but things happen to get you off track. So, I'm ready to start again. I think this evening I'll try to do something, either go to the Y or pop in a dance tape or something. Then tomorrow before I go to Bowling Green for the educational meeting, I'll do Tae Bo with my tape. I'm excited!

No comments: