Friday, April 18, 2008

I feel the earth move!

I don't know why I didn't name today's first post this title. I can't say I felt the earth move this morning, but I did hear the medicine cabinet rattle & then the bedroom window. I figured out pretty quickly what was happening, but unfortunately I didn't go back to bed & call in sick to work, which I will the next time I feel or hear an earthquake, because today was a pretty weird day (though I guess they all are these days, if you really look at them closely) & if I had it to do over I would have called in sick.

Well, maybe I wouldn't have called in sick. I might've just called in a personal day. God knows I have had one coming.

I'm loafing tonight. Might loaf all day tomorrow, too. To connect my work and my YouTube habits (I say that with a smirk. I really only get online about every other day anymore & I might look at YouTube once a week.) I had a patient with a lineman tattooed on his arm yesterday. So all day I sang "Wichita Lineman."



So today I sang that same line..."I know I need a small vacation!" But I can't take a vacation from everything. At work it's one set of problems. And I shouldn't say there are a lot of problems...it's more that I feel like every day I am where the crisis will happen. At home it's another set of problems. There the crises are not usually critical, but they're long & drawn out & they produce longing, & drawing out.

I am tired. Maybe I should just go to bed.

1 comment:

D.B. Echo said...

I always used to think this song was about a college football player.

Jimmy Webb was interviewed on NPR's Fresh Air a few years back:
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=1668844