Saturday, August 11, 2007

there will be peace in the valley for me someday

I feel more peace here since I realized that I haven't been trusting God very much. I know. You probably already knew that. But sometimes it takes awhile for us to see ourselves. I know God knows what I need. His way is best. So we will see how this all plays out.

I saw on of the Gaither Homecoming bluegrass shows today. During the commercials you see the Isaacs doing "He Ain't Never Done Me Nothing But Good." When I sing this in church soon, the teachers in the congregation will cringe, hearing grammar getting so butchered. Hopefully, they & everyone else will hear the message. It is a great song. I plan to go hear them in Cunningham, TN this coming Thursday night, August 16.

No, I'm not going to Memphis! I wouldn't fight that crowd for love nor money. Well, I might for money. No, seriously I have no desire to go to Graceland for that scene. It's one thing to title all my posts with Elvis songs. It's another altogether to go light candles & whatnot.

I also have some other lyrics in my head. The M&M's commercial:
This is the day
Your life will surely change
This is the day
When things fall into place
This is the day

and the Natasha Bedingfield song "Unwritten,"
Staring at the blank page before you
Open up the dirty window
Let the sun illuminate the words that you could not find
Reaching for something in the distance
So close you can almost taste it
Release your inhibitions
Feel the rain on your skin
No one else can feel it for you
Only you can let it in
No one else, no one else
Can speak the words on your lips
Drench yourself in words unspoken
Live your life with arms wide open
Today is where your book begins
The rest is still unwritten

I heard that song about a half a million times last fall, but the other day, it really began to take on a new meaning for me. The rest is still unwritten. Or maybe it's written...we just can't read it yet. Either way, it's an adventure I am looking forward to experiencing.

No comments: