Friday, August 17, 2007

Thank you. Thank you very much.

This is what I find myself telling God! Thank You very much!!!

Well, I have had a great last few days. As I wrote in the last post, I got the job I've been hoping for. I have been praying for someone to come along quickly to fill the position I'm leaving, & they are standing in line to interview.

I think it's a win-win situation. Though I've had some trying times in the last few weeks there, overall, it has not been a bad job & I have enjoyed it very much. It may be perfect for someone else. The big problem for me was that I really needed more money to pay off some debts. I couldn't ask for it because when I was hired at that job, they only promised me so much & they have far exceeded that. My lingering money problems were my own fault.

It has occurred to me that maybe God allowed me to experience those issues at work over the last 8 weeks because He really wanted me at Vanderbilt. Maybe this job is His way to help me help myself. And, perhaps He wants someone else at the office too. I think someone new there could be a blessing to them. They may not see it that way, but I have ever since I first considered making the move.

It is a major, major life change for us. Today was "trial run" day. I went in & worked all day, & I learned a lot. I think I'm going to like it. The whole 10 hour day, from leaving the house to coming home, took me nearly 13 hours. Of course, I left an hour before I needed to get there & that was just enough time to get there & make my way over to the office. I didn't walk all the way to the office from where I parked. I walked about 5 minutes & one of my former co-workers picked me up! Then I walked from her parking garage at the VA to the office, which took all of 3 minutes. After work I walked back to the car, in the over 100 degree heat, & that took longer...partly because I got mixed up & ended up at the football practice field! I could've gone a different way, but I walked part of the way with one of my co-workers. Next time, I'll go the other way because it's shorter & more of it's indoors.

I think I'm going back to having Wednesdays off once we get the new person at the old job. I did tell them I'd help them on my days off from Vandy until the new person's trained & ready to go without me. After that, though, it'll be 4 10-hour days, & it looks like most weeks my day off will be Wednesday. I liked that. It took me awhile to get used to working 4 days in a row when Friday became my day off. I think with 4 10's, it will be a lot easier to have 2 on, 1 off, 2 on, 2 off. 4 10 hour days in a row would be ROUGH. Especially with a 35 minute drive & 30 minute walk twice a day. Yes, I think Wednesdays off will be nice. I think a lot of things will be nice.

I do wish it would rain. Not for me - other than the long-term effects this drought will have on prices, rain doesn't matter much to me - but for all the farmers whose livelihoods depend on it.

No comments: