Saturday, February 17, 2007

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas.

Even though it's almost Easter!

The kids are home - hallelujah! They flew in from sunny Miami this afternoon & found 2 inches of snow when they got home. They had a lot of fun. For the first 2 hours they talked non-stop about the cruise. Then, Rachel came home to the computer & started "texting" all her friends to let them know all about the cruise. In our home the computers are in one central location so there's no sitting in the room with the door shut keeping everything secret, so we're here in the kitchen.

This having the computers in the kitchen can be quite dangerous for the waistline, however.

Anyway, it's all white outside tonight. I was disappointed that we didn't get any white stuff while the kids were gone. I had hoped they wouldn't have as much schoolwork to make up upon their return. But, such is life. Randy's band is playing tonight, & the kids are being very quiet now, so it's kind of peaceful around here.

Derek has done it. He turned 12 while he was away, and now he has grown taller than me. He was almost there before they left, & now he's shot right by. I feel like our old cat, Smokey. He's seen every little critter we brought in here get bigger than him. Even Derek. (We didn't have Smokey when Rachel was born.) It's funny. I don't remember when Rachel got too big to carry. She was always kind of independent, and that served both of us well because she became a big sister at the age of 2 1/2. Derek, on the other hand, was small enough to carry when I went into the hospital to have major surgery just before he turned four, and by the time I had recovered, I couldn't pick him up anymore. Well, I could, but it was a lot harder, & he didn't expect it anymore. Now he's way too big to carry!

Well, I don't have a whole lot tonight. I guess I'll go in there & get back to cross-stitching, but that's probably going to do it for me. Tomorrow, if there's still a bunch of snow on the ground, we might not have church, but we will probably go to my mom's & visit with all the family. But that depends on the road conditions. If I have to be snowed in, the third weekend of February is a wonderful time. Of course you know why - tomorrow's the Daytona 500!!!

Later!!!

No comments: