Thursday, January 18, 2007

That's what I'm talking about.

Barbara Curtis' blog MommyLife had a very interesting link today: Wandering the Aisles, from the blog Inspired by a True Story. I haven't read enough of the blog to know if it will join my list of favorites, but I liked that entry. The writer's a Garrison Keillor fan, so he can't be all bad.

Money is tight, as usual. The man of the house thinks we should tell the small business owners to come off their "boutique" prices or we'll go to the big box store. Ugh. Sigh. Here in this town, he's in the overwhelming majority. There aren't many "little men" out there - it's a town of 3 Super Wal-Marts and yet another in a neighboring community (just a mile or so past the city limit). I so disagree with him. But, what can I do? My job as a wife who wants to obey God is to respect the man of the house & do what he wants. Besides, if I'm ever going to get out of debt, I have to save money somewhere. I need more money. Actually, I just need less bills. This brings me to the point that it's time for me to get ready for work. Another day, another dollar, daylight comes, I'm on my way.

No comments: