Tuesday, February 15, 2022

The Monday that never came

Preface: This isn’t about the rock star. 


Before the rock star came into my life there was someone else. I was the rock star’s first love, but he was not mine. 


There were times during our early years together when our marriage was difficult. The first love came back into my life when I was ready to make some changes but tragedy struck before we could make them. 


Suddenly the rock star and I needed one another. We both went through a huge loss and helped each other through our hurt. We have made many happy memories since. But I still remember the one I loved when I was still just a kid. I always will. This time of year is tender for me. The rock star is truly a rock star about this. 


The Monday that Never Came 

Written Feb. 13, 2022

That Sunday morning he told me what he was planning to do Monday and Tuesday. But for him, Monday never came.

We sat in church that Sunday morning and listened to a sermon about Heaven, and two hours later he was there. For me, a season of hell on earth began that Sunday afternoon. Monday came for me, but my world was shaken, and changed forever. 


I have lived to see a lot of happiness and to love again. I learned how to dream - to hope - again even though it took faith I didn’t know I had. But on this day I remember - for I’ll never forget - that Sunday my dreams shattered, and the Monday that never came. 


For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known.

And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.” (1 Cor. 13:12-13, NKJV)

No comments: