Tuesday, September 28, 2010

I want to ride my bicycle, I want to ride my bike

No, I didn't buy a Harley. I can't see myself being that kind of biker chick. I've got nothing against biker folks - if you know me, you know I like all kinds of people, and hopefully they like me too. Anyway, I got my Christmas present early today.

Randy is notorious for asking for his Christmas present in September or so. Derek got part of his last week, an indoor exercise bike. When it's 100 degrees outside, that's really nice. We've got quite the exercise room in there. But with the beautiful weather we're having now, I wanted to get mine early for a change. In January, I'm probably not going to be using that bike much, but this is a great time of the year to ride.

I love my husband. He tried to think of my comfort and got me a short bike. I felt like my knees were up around my navel until I did some adjusting. I think the height is all right.

I have a big ol' butt, and I asked for a seat big enough for my rear (most of them make me feel like the seat is somewhere up around my tonsils), so he got me one. He got a new-fangled wide Schwinn seat that doesn't have a...I don't know, is it a saddle? You know, the part that sticks out in the front of a bike seat? Anyway, I felt like I was going to fall off that thing & break out all my teeth. Having broken a tooth, I don't really want to go through that.

So, we put the original seat back on, and it feels pretty good. I may get one of those nice Schwinn seats with a front. Either way, I think I will like the new bike. I liked it even more when I put it in the Honda. It fit! I may buy a bike rack too. Who knows? I might be starting a new thing.

It won't be too new though...I rode my bike a lot growing up. Some of my favorite memories were on that red bike, or they got started on that bike, anyway. Those were special times that I'll never forget.

Here's to my second childhood.

No comments: