Thursday, July 31, 2008

The heat is on.

It is really, really hot right now. Every day seems to be a little hotter than the one before. Unlike last year, we ARE getting rain, thanks be to God. It has been a hot summer so far.

Today Rachel turned 16 & she got her driver's license. Life has changed all of a sudden!

The last few weeks have been rather messy for me. In some ways, my life has changed for the better because of these last three weeks or so. In other ways, it's hard to tell if it's been worth the pain.

My niece got married last Saturday night & if you want to see pictures, check out the photo album on MySpace. I am easy to pick out of the crowd. I am the short woman. (I know. I'm the fat woman too. Don't tell my husband you noticed this. He thinks no one will notice but me. Bless his heart.) Actually these photos are really small but give me time, maybe one of these days I will put them on one of my other web pages.

I really, really did not want to be in the front row in the picture & to be truthful, it broke my heart that I had to. I am too short to be in the back & too fat to be in the front. Well, facing the reality that I was going to have to be the fat one has not been easy for me. I mean, I know I am but being reminded of it kind of stinks. Anyway, I have been on a mental growth spurt lately. I can't go into all of it but I can say this. I used to hate myself for getting fat, letting my house go & always being in financial trouble. Well, I am trying to get fitter, I am doing the Flylady system to get my house in order, & I started getting out of financial trouble last summer when I changed jobs. I used to think I hated myself because those things happened. Now I think they happened because I didn't love myself. So, I'm going to get the priorities straight this time.

I would love to write more but it is time for me to get to bed. Later!!!

No comments: