Saturday, February 02, 2008

Ain't got time to fix the shingles, ain't got time to fix the floor

I haven't written in awhile because life has been busy, as usual. I have done a lot of journaling in my personal, hand-written journal, but I haven't done a lot online because I just haven't felt like sharing everything that runs through my mind. Since my Madisonville trip, I haven't done much worth writing about anyway.

The weather here has been weird. We've had some cold weather followed by warm days followed by strong winds & more cold. We didn't have power one night this week. (That was the night some of our shingles got torn off the house!) I was gone all the next evening, & the night after that, Randy had the computer all torn up trying to fix another computer. (Don't ask.) Anyway, if I'd wanted to write, this week wouldn't have been a good time. I don't have a lot of time to write today either. My granddaddy's sister died the other day & in a little while I have to get ready to go to her funeral. She was 89 & had been ailing for a long time. I think the weather will be nice for the trip. Today is supposed to be a lot warmer than the last few days, but when I walked the dog at 8 am, it was still mighty cold to me.

My mood lately has been...well, sort of nasty. I have been irritated quite easily the last couple of days. I feel like a blimp, but I can't make myself get charged up about any kind of physical activity. I am trying to eat better, but I still slip up. Maybe I'm improving there a little bit, just a little. The desire of my heart is to do more singing, but I can't really figure out where I'm supposed to do that when there are no open doors around me. I do like my job most of the time, but some days I still wonder what I'm doing in nuclear medicine when I'm such a sloppy klutz. Sometimes I hate my house, but I don't have the time, money, or emotional energy to fix it up or do what it takes to move. We're talking about refinancing, but I've got to wait until the insurance company lets us know if they're going to repair our roof! In general, I do feel more positive about life than I did a few weeks ago, but I am in desperate need of a new attitude!

Well, I'm going to get on with my day. I don't have time to sit here in front of the computer.

No comments: