Wednesday, January 09, 2008

It's the sweetest song I know!

If you haven't watched my YouTube videos that I have listed at the right of my blog, please do. I didn't actually add those videos to YouTube, but I enjoy sharing them with others. My very favorite is the one at the top, the Happy Goodman Family doing "The Sweetest Song I Know." I think I am addicted to it. I have to watch it at least once a day. It is guaranteed to make me smile!



I remember seeing them do this song on "The Old Time Singing Convention," which came on Nashville's Channel 5 (which was WLAC back then) every weekday at noon. Oh, I wish I could watch some of those clips today! I don't think I appreciated the show as much back then as I would if it were on now, but I do remember watching it & liking it a lot. The Happy Goodman Family looked like they were having so much fun, I wanted to be up there singing with them. Well, I guess I will have to wait until I get to Heaven to do that, but until then, I'm glad I can watch them on YouTube! I remember trying to decipher all four parts at once...I still do that.

I discovered MySpace this week. I've known it was around, of course, but I just created my own space there. You can check it out at: http://www.myspace.com/singingbushlady. I hear that Marisa is too hard to spell & I am tired of using "risabush" for everything. I wanted to be singingbush but it was taken. Anyway, check it out. I hope to add more of my own music there eventually.

No comments: