Friday, November 16, 2007

It's the most wonderful time of the year

Never mind that I don't know how I'm gonna pay for it all. . .never mind that it'll be the first Christmas without Granny, or that there's a dark cloud looming, though we blow at it really hard. . .it's still a joy to hear the music. I don't even mind seeing the decorations already out, a week before this early Thanksgiving.



I haven't written much lately, but all that's about to change. I've been reading "Affluenza" & I've made up my mind about a couple of things:



1. I'm not going to keep feeling bad about working part-time all those years. I made a conscious decision to work around my life, instead of fitting my life around my work. Though my life has changed recently, with a big increase in work & commuting hours, I can say I tried to make the most of those years. Now I'm in a new season of life. I am making the most of it.



2. This book has me thinking, sort of like that looming cloud. I think everyone in the world has heard the Tim McGraw song "Live Like You Were Dying." (If you haven't, you really ought to hear it just once.) If I knew I was about to die, what would I want to do? Not skydiving or 2.7 seconds with a bull named Fu Manchu, like the guy in the song. If I died today, my biggest regret would be the fact that I haven't written all my stories. So, why haven't I? I don't know, but I do know I need to get to work, because you just never know.



With that in mind, I have work to do!



No comments: