Friday, March 16, 2007

Save a horse...

I won't use the rest of that song title. I'm not really trying to save horses. This song has been stuck in my head since last week when MY SON asked me what this song meant. We were with all of Randy's family, eating at the famous Charlie's Steak House. I said, "I'll tell you later." And I did, when it was just the two of us. I am very clinical about these things...and easily embarrassed, I might add...but we got through it rather quickly & almost painlessly as I dissed the "Country Musik Mafia" (I don't know, dissed might be too strong of a word), telling him that like everybody else, they were trying to make more money, and using double entendres is one way of generating interest...yadda yadda.

Anyway, I used this line because of a comment about a story in today's Tennessean. My comment is the one from "missybfromac." (It's a Sterling Marlin board thing, don't worry if you don't understand.) As a native Nashvillian & self-proclaimed country music historian, I take a great interest in the country music industry. I listen to a lot of music genres. I like 70's rock, new age music, a little dance music, as well as classic country. So when I saw that article, I had to say something about it.

The stupid song getting stuck in my head reminded me of another song that gets stuck in my head (see my previous post re Jean Shepard).

Well, the morning has slipped away from me (a la Jean Shepard...I can feel it...slippin' away...slowly, slowly...slippin' away) so I will get up & be productive. I have too much to do over the next 48 hours to sit here & continue looking at old postcards people have posted online.

No comments: